Friday, March 24, 2006

Boston Globe lists the top ten overhyped bands of the last few years (via Coolfer) .

I feel there are more than a few missing from the list. Nonetheless, this is a very exciting time in the music industry. An overwhelming amount of great new music and a ton of music bubbling up from independent outlets. As a person in the touring industry, I think the next big things that need to happen are:

1) emergence of a crop young new bands with great live shows. (I must see The Noisettes soon!)We need an indie rock Bob Fosse, we need an indie rock PT Barnum. We need a new Grace Jones and David Byrne. More personalities. Build it and they will come.
and
2) a big insidious propaganda campaign that re-popularizes the live concert experience.

I'll see what I can do on my end. Until then go see The Undisputed Heavyweights.

No comments: