Monday, July 10, 2006

Live Nation Second Quarter Earnings Call Scheduled

Hey Kids! Guess what's almost upon us? Yes, you guessed it! The Live Nation Second Quarter Earnings Call! It's scheduled for Friday, August 4th at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time.

For a quick refresher, here's my overview of last quarter's earnings call.

Here's my current quick list of items to listen for:

1) EVENT PROMOTION - Event revenues are up no doubt with the summer season in high gear and the purchase of Concert Productions International.
2) VENUES - Venue revenues are also without a doubt up, and with the sale of Broadway properties and the purchase of House of Blues revenues are poised to go even higher.
3) DIGITAL & BRANDING - I don't expect much change on the digital initiative side, but I am interested to hear whether they reveal any plans to change the direction of the House of Blues franchise, namely whether they plan to rebrand. This might be a good opportunity for them to define their identity and build relationships with the audience.
4) Also, do you think they will touch on any of the ongoing antitrust litigation? I'm guessing no, but I'll be keeping a sharp for any discussion of board restructuring.

OK, I'm off to dust my party hat for another celebratory call. These are high times for Mike and the gang....

Press release here.

No comments: