Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Pink to Do Club Tour

OK, now I'm confused and a little peeved.. If people who can sell out ampitheatres and play large arenas as part of sold out radio shows want to play large clubs do the bands that play large clubs get bounced to small and mid-sized clubs? I don't know, but I guess we'll find out. Pop star, Pink, is set to do a club tour this go around. She'll be playing such small rooms as Fillmore in San Francisco and 930 Club in Washington DC.




She said to MTV: "It's the only time I can ... let go and stop thinking and worrying and analyzing and processing,"

And performing in smaller venues makes it even more special for the singer: "Small gigs, that's where it's at, you can feel everyone's sweat, it's just so close and intimate. It's stinky, it's smoky, it's good."


I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I don't think MTV regulars should be cluttering up the clubs unless they are gonna take up and coming indies along as support. It's like driving backwards in a Hummer and running over all the compact cars for fun.

Full article here

No comments: